SC Staffing & Consulting’s client is looking for a temporary to possible permanent Utility Plant (Boiler) Operator.
Employee must be able to effectively operate, maintain, and trouble-shoot industrial sized coal and oil fired boiler systems to provide continuous steam production for institutional purposes.
Boiler operation necessitates the knowledge of steam boilers with stoker drives, I. D. Fans, F. D. Fans, Feed water Pumps, Deaerators, dealkalizers, water softener operation, and bag house operation, ash handling operation, coal handling operation and all other auxiliary equipment related to high pressure boiler operations. Also included is preventive maintenance of Boiler Plant equipment.
- Operate in a professional manner both industrial sized coal and oil fired boilers respectively.
- Maintain designated Boiler Plant operational log and any records for daily boiler operations.
- Maintain emergency electrical power distribution to Physical Plant during periods of outside power interruptions.
- Perform related duties as required – work may be assigned to areas other than the Boiler Plant in a manner consistent with organizational requirements of the institution.
- Must be able to access tunnels, rooftops, manholes, coal conveyer pit, boiler fire sides, and crawl spaces; plus be able to use all hand/power tools needed in everyday work, i.e. welders, torches, pneumatics; operate heavy equipment such as dump trucks and front end loaders.
- Lift at least 50 pounds for everyday operations.
- Perform adjustments and repairs to boilers, pumps, valves, fittings and auxiliary equipment.
- Ability to use various equipment and tools of the trade, in order to perform duties required by the job classification.
- Ability to analyze situations and problems, and provide appropriate solutions.
- Ability to receive, issue, and control inventory of tools and materials.
- Ability to attend and participate in all required or mandatory training and/or testing.
- Must be able to work all shifts and overtime as required by operational necessities and emergencies.
- Must be able to pass a security background check.