Our client is seeking a full-time Dining Room Supervisor to be responsible for the management of dining rooms and events. Responsibilities include ensuring a high standard of appearance, hospitality, graciousness, service, and cleanliness. This role plans, coordinates, and directs activities of dining room staff to provide professional and fine dining service. This role will serve as a liaison between other departments and must be knowledgeable in laws and regulations concerning labor, alcohol, and food safety.
- Must maintain a level of calm professionalism, efficiency, and graciousness at all times.
- Anticipate resident needs and ensure that service meets/exceeds expectations to ensure a memorable dining experience.
- Inspect dining rooms, table settings, chairs, floors, dining equipment for proper maintenance, cleanliness, and safety.
- Take immediate corrective action.
- Assist with banquet room set up and break down. Ensure Dining Service area room readiness.
- Manage the reservations, set ups and seating systems during operating hours.
- Assist all subordinate employees with any task as needed.
- Check tables throughout service times for resident satisfaction, resolve complaints.
- In absence of the DRM, may handle some tasks usually assigned to the DRM.
- Review proactively activity calendars, daily specials and other announcements to predict volume.
- Train new-hires in service standards, menu items, use of software systems.
- Provide accurate par levels to the ADM, DRM and or F&B Director.
- Project Dining department needs and delegate tasks accordingly.
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes and on the-job training.
- Manage the pick up and delivery orders for each dining venue.
- Observe staff service to monitor efficiency and service sequence.
- Attend and participate in annual mandated facility in-service training programs as scheduled. (e.g., OSHA, DOH, HIPAA, Abuse Prevention, etc.).
- Work within the Departments SOP so all staff experience consistent management.
- Ensure food being served is up to dining standards. Make corrections as needed.
- Understand food allergies and menu ingredients. Relay allergy information to Kitchen and Dining staff.
- Act as initial contact for disciplinary actions.
- Provide staff limited education on benefits forwarding employees to HR.
- Collaborate with the DRM manager on reviewing employee performance.
- Monitor inventory and communication as per department procedures to the ADM or others.
- Participate in the budget planning process as directed
- Ensure that storage areas are always clean and always safe.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Must have good supervisory skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Serv Safe.
Learn More: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About SC Staffing & Consulting, Certified Woman-Owned
SC Staffing & Consulting is a strategic staffing and consulting company with over 60 years of combined experience. Since 2007, we have been providing flexible expertise with a high degree of personal integrity and thoroughly trained staff. We offer full recruitment services to businesses, governments, and other institutions, providing long-term temporary solutions and temp to perm solutions. Our professional resumes target job specifications and demonstrate experience in a compelling manner. Our internal employees have a staffing background with experience handling the full-cycle recruitment process from first interview to hire to successful job performance. Partnering with project leaders and hiring managers we ensure a positive outcome.