Our client is seeking an Assistant Controller who will assist the Controller and Chief Financial Officer in managing the day-to-day accounting of transactions, policies, controls, and procedures.
- Assist the Controller and Chief Financial Officer in reviewing the work product and workflow of staff within the finance department.
- Assist the Controller and Chief Financial Officer in overseeing the operations and internal controls of the finance department.
- Assist with planning, guiding, and coordinating the majority of accounting operational functions.
- Assist with coordinating, preparing, detail reviewing internal financial statements and other financial and investment reports.
- Assist with coordinating support and activities for external auditors.
- Coordinating, preparing, reviewing tax items for external tax preparers.
- Tax planning and compliance.
- Assisting with the annual budget process.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, to tax matters, investments, contracts, and forecasting.
- Provide mentoring and support as needed to finance team staff.
- Assist in the development of and support the organization's strategic plans.
- Bachelor's degree.
- CPA and/or master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience, with at least 3 years of public accounting/supervisory experience.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities, tax matters, and financial reporting requirements.
- Taxation experience with the following types of entities is preferred: trusts, partnerships, and individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and multitask accordingly.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel).
- Proficient with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or similar accounting software.
SC Staffing & Consulting
August 27, 2020