PROPERTY AND CASUALTY INSURANCE – EXPERIENCED ACCOUNT MANAGER
Our client is seeking an Account Manager who will be primarily responsible for the ongoing management of commercial clients, retention of new and renewal clients, and maintaining a partnership with the producer to support business development activities while upholding high service standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining relationships with multiple insurance companies/MGAs to negotiate and obtain quotes, binders, endorsements, etc.
- Cross selling products to potential customers.
- Managing established book of accounts.
- Negotiating renewals for existing customers.
- Obtaining information and documentation from new and existing clients.
- Resolving customer issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently manages accounts on a day-to-day basis which includes coordinating all services, answering all questions, and resolving problems, which may arise; maintains timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency and company personnel
- Negotiates and secures the most appropriate carrier coverage based upon client needs for new and renewal business and negotiating cost of those coverages
- Work closely with sales team to understand a client’s needs, submits coverage specifications and obtains quotes from potential carriers for renewal business.
- Determines appropriate client service support for new and existing clients; responds to client and carrier inquiries, maintains and enhances the company’s relationships with existing clients by executing proactive and ongoing contact initiatives.
- Makes decisions regarding the resolution of all moderate and complex customer service problems: research and resolve coverage issues, audit issues, billing discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Independently enters and maintains accounts/policies in AMS360 while maintaining a current suspense; reviews insurance policies and endorsements for accuracy; reviews contracts and special certificate of insurance requests for compliance and response to insured.
- Proactively maintains partnership with the producer by keeping him/her informed of pertinent information regarding the accounts and provides support and assistance for the development of new business.
- Solely responsible for ensuring all the terms and conditions of the insurance policies written by the insurance company are properly prepared and provides all of the coverage that was presented to the insured in new business proposal.
• Independently communicates subjectivities and exclusions for new and renewal business and document the difference in policy forms when comparing various quotes.
- Uses specific industry training and knowledge to determine the needs of the client and identify cross-selling opportunities; expands/rounds-out existing accounts by identifying potential gaps in coverage, recommending, and implementing proper coverage.
- Researches and maintains industry knowledge of developing trends regarding carrier underwriting, appetite, and pricing changes. Applies knowledge to negotiation of policies to provide best comprehensive coverage to clients.
- Solely responsible for understanding assigned accounts in order to give proper advice for changing situations, which may require modifications to existing coverage.
- Provides guidance to less experienced Account Managers.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- At least 5 years of recent Commercial Lines Account Management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in overall customer service.
- High School diploma; undergraduate degree preferred.
- Appropriate insurance agent’s license required (PA Property & Casualty).
- Willingness to continue education is essential.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Technical: Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, and Outlook. AMS360 software proficiency preferred, but not required.
- High level of organization ability.
- High degree of self-discipline and motivation.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and help develop new processes and procedures to help the company become more efficient.
- Solution driven problem-solving skills and proven analytical skills.
- Must possess the ability to work independently, applying education and professional experience to achieve outstanding results.
- Ability to understand and manage complex projects while working under tight schedules and deadlines.
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates considerable tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment with ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- High level of maturity and stability with an "optimistic" approach.
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach and hands-on experience.