SC Staffing & Consulting’s client is seeking an advanced procurement and budget related accountant for temporary assignment. Support is needed to complete implementation of the new defined contribution plan, issue procurements, monitor the budget, complete year-end financial statements/other reporting, and complete other day to day key operational tasks that are vital to the client to provide retirement benefits and services through sound administration and prudent investments.
- Perform the calculation of investment manager fees.
- Monitor the Daily Cash Flow Log Process, which includes all capital calls, expenses, distributions, etc.
- Prepare investment account opening forms.
- Track, record, and reconcile broker commissions.
- Track, record, and reconcile securities lending information.
- Assists with year-end reporting of investment information for the financial statement audit, including gathering year-end investment manager values, preparing disclosures under GASB standards (fair value, interest rate risk, duration, etc.).
- Prepare financial statements
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Research and interpret standards and documents.
- Track, analyze and interpret data.
- Communicate effectively.
- Run reports on information systems.
- Comprehend new role quickly.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel (moderate skillset).
- Possess superior writing skills.
- Utilize accounting and reporting software.
- Develop reports, charts, tables, and graphs, and PowerPoint presentations.
- 3 years minimum experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by fifteen college credits in accounting.
Background Clearance Requirements
- A background check will be required for Education Verification, Employment Verification, Criminal Conviction Verification, Credit Check, and Professional Credential Verification.
Reference Checks will be required.