SC Staffing & Consulting’s client is seeking an advanced procurement and budget related accountant for temporary assignment. Support is needed to complete implementation of the new defined contribution plan, issue procurements, monitor the budget, complete year-end financial statements/other reporting, and complete other day to day key operational tasks that are vital to the client to provide retirement benefits and services through sound administration and prudent investments.
- Reconcile employer and member contributions for each employer to independent calculations based on contribution rates and reported salary information in the SERIS data base system. All variances will need to be investigated and corrected. This is performed for both the defined benefit plan and the defined contribution plan on a quarterly basis.
- Communicate with general accounting staff on ongoing employer reporting issues.
- Utilize SERIS database system
- Analyze SERIS database system generated reconciliation/error reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Research and interpret standards and documents.
- Track, analyze and interpret data.
- Communicate effectively.
- Run reports on information systems.
- Comprehend new role quickly.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel (moderate skillset).
- 3 years minimum experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by fifteen college credits in accounting.
Background Clearance Requirements
- A background check will be required for Education Verification, Employment Verification, Criminal Conviction Verification, Credit Check, and Professional Credential Verification.
Reference Checks will be required.